情绪垃圾站

Monday, September 14, 2009

Rediscover Singapore (7-18 September)

7 Sept 09 was the first day of my 2-weeks training with a group of interns who recently graduated from polys. That means that Im the oldest in the group but it really feel good to mix around with youngsters like them who are fresh and with a passion in the tourism industry. Come to think of it, 9 years ago, me and the nutties were also as young and passionate about having a career in the tourism industry haha.. signs of getting old- keep 回想过去.

I have to attend this training to prepare myself for the F1 event and speaking of F1, went for a fam trip on last Thursday. Our colleague brought us to see the F1 pit building, the corporate suite which costs S$8500 per ticket, F1 village, the media centre and the control centre. That day was terribly hot and I almost got heatstroke. In the end, I didnt go to Sentosa in the afternoon and missed out lots of fun. Neverthessless, I went to many places in Singapore last week- Zoo, Night Safari, Botanic Garden, National Orchid Garden, Dempesy Road, Rochestor Park, Holland Village, Singapore Flyer, Marina Barrage, DuckTour, Asian Civillisation Museum, Civic Distric, HippoTour etc. Lots of walking and walking and walking. We were more tourist than an ordinary tourist. Took many photos (see if I have the time to post it) and rediscover Singapore.

Today went Changi Airport and Im rather excited about tomorrow as Im going to Little India (will be eating Indian breakfast), Chinatown (the tour guide will tell us about Chinese wedding customs) and Kampong Glam (maybe can learn how to wear sarong?)!!! Friday going to Changi War Memorial, Joo Chiat and Katong- these are the places that I have never been to and can you imagine that there are indeed some places that we have never step our foot on though we have been living in Singapore for almost 30 years? So it's time to step out and rediscover Singapore =) 有空去走走吧,你会发现不一样的新加坡哦!

4 Comments:

Blogger shire said...

waaaa, sound so fun!!!

shire

10:50 PM  
Blogger MerryJase said...

Ya man! No need to work yet can go around and sight see. So fun!

Actually I wanted to start exploring Singapore too. Haha... Realised I haven't been to a lot of places before.

6:47 PM  
Blogger 情绪垃圾站 said...

just came back from Katong, Joo Chiat area.. Katong 328 laksa is great heehee.. Next time I can show u gals around Singapore :) Will post some photos soon

1:38 PM  
Blogger xgg said...

Your work is like having fun...whereas mine is cleaning shit all the time...
I'm sooooo jealous!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home